How Not to Spend a Sunday Evening

Sunday night I went to the Gymboree sale in Bolingbrook that I mentioned here.  The sale started at 6:00 and I got there about 6:45 or so.  The store was packed.  It is a tiny store too.  They had all the clearance items just stacked in boxes and so you had to pick your way through them with lots and lots and lots of moms and dads.  I am sure the boxes at one point were organized by size, but not by the time I got to them.  Thankfully everyone was quite civil to one another and would even help you find a size if you said what you were looking for.

So after I did some searching I found 11 items to buy.  By 7:30pm I was in line.  I did not check out my purchases until 8:30pm.  Yep, ONE HOUR.  Fun.  They had two registers and people buying lots and lots and lots of clothes.  I mostly was looking for clothes for Miss M for next fall/winter and I think a lot of people were looking for my size as well since I didn’t find a whole lot in her size.  There was a lot of baby and newborn clothes or else clothes that I just didn’t like the style.  Even if it is on sale I am not going to buy it if it won’t get worn or I don’t want her to wear it.

While I was standing in line, J calls me and tells me that Miss M was complaining about her ear bugging her again.  She has been doing this for the past couple days.  We weren’t sure how serious it was since it didn’t appear to be a constant pain and sometimes would appear when she was looking for attention or didn’t want to do something (or so it seemed).  I told him to let her watch some tv but I probably won’t be home real soon.

When I finally arrived home at 9pm, I checked on Miss M and she was crying in her bed.  She said she had a bad dream and her ear was really bugging her.  I talked with J and we decided that we shouldn’t wait this out any longer.  I then took her to the ER while J stayed home with C (who was asleep).

Even though the ER was very busy we were seen right away and the doctor confirmed it was an ear infection in her left ear.  Since she is allergic to amoxicillin he prescribed azithromycin, which M has taken before.  The nurse also put numbing drops in her ear to dull the pain until we could get her the other medicine. After getting it, we were back home and M was back in bed by 10:40.  Not too bad.

She even went to school the next day.  I, on the other hand, was not too happy when C started to cry and wake up at 6:30.

P.S.  In case you are curious if the sale was worth it, I spent $48.64 before taxes on eleven items.  If I had paid for those same items at full retail price, I would have spent $237.45!  An 80% savings…not too shabby.


  1. I’m so glad Miss M is feeling better, ear infections are a drag! Also, awesome deal on the Gymboree clothes!

  2. Sounds like an eventful evening….Sorry to hear that miss M had another ear infection 🙁
    Great job on the sale!! That’s my kind of shopping 🙂

  3. My goodness! What a night!!!

    And seriously, why do kids always get the sickest on weekends or at night? 🙁

Speak Your Mind


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.